Saturday, February 16, 2008

Welcome to Our Stories, Our Stuff!


Do you have a story to share about a special item that you are keeping and can't bring yourself to throw away?

I'm looking for your stories to include in my upcoming book, "Our Stories, Our Stuff: The Special Meaning Behind the Things We Keep"

There are sentimental reasons why we hold on to certain items. It may not make any sense to others, but to us, there's a certain emotional connection that we have with our stuff, which is difficult to explain.

What may be clutter to one person, is someone else's priceless treasure.

As a professional organizer who works with clients to help them de-clutter and organize, I can relate, not only because I see the struggles that my clients go through everyday, but also because I'm not born organized and I probably have a hoarding gene (if there is such a thing!) that makes me want to hold on to certain things in my life. So... I fully understand and can relate.

Feel free to share your story. Email your stories and photos (keeping it family-friendly please) to: stories@sort-things-out.com . Please include your contact info for verification (your name, email address, mailing address, phone number) which we'll keep confidential. I'll post your stories here on this blog, with the chance of including it in my upcoming book too.

Looking forward to receiving your story!

Eva Abreu
www.Sort-Things-Out.com

No comments: